ADVERTISING your announcement within the right digital and/or print media channels with a captivating visual and great “call to action” is the best way to maximize your exposure.
Advertising secures the placement or presence of your message through payment.
- Social media
- Mobile apps
- Broadcasts (TV and radio)
- Video streams (YouTube and Vimeo)
PUBLIC RELATIONS (PR) is “media support” and defined as the practice of managing the spread of information between an individual or an organization (such as a business, government agency, or a nonprofit organization) and the general public.
In other words, it’s free exposure and coverage usually obtained through a press releases (and strong media relationships).
This is what separates it from advertising.
Public relations is perfect for announcements like:
- The launch of a new product, service, organization, or office
- Financial results
- Events and awards
- Disasters, strikes or organizational closures
- Achievements and accolades
- Dignitaries and celebrity participation or support
- Community activities and engagement
View examples HERE.