EXCLUSIVELY OFFERED VIA THE URBAN MARKETING GROUP ONLY
ABOUT The Washington Informer is African American woman owned multi-media organization serving the multi-cultural community. Having recently celebrated 53 years of serving the community, we reach about 42,000 print readers each week, 7500 eblast subscribers, a growing social media presence, over 225,000 monthly page views on our website and our events reach the community at the grassroots level.
The value of the outreach to the local community and the value of showing a relationship with The Washington Informer is something that cannot be measure or quantifiable. You can put all the measures you want on it, but how do you measure the partnership with an organization whose primary mission is to serve the African American Community?
Published every Thursday and deadline is always the Friday prior. We print 17,500 papers each week, however our audited readership is 42.437 (2.425 readers per paper printed according to CVC audit)
More and more marketers are committed to the idea of having a strong positive presence in the African American Community and they are realizing the value of speaking directly to the community. The Washington Informer can build and implement a comprehensive paid, and earned media strategy which will help you become top of mind, while expressing your commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Historically, white-owned media often ignored the positive news about Black people and opted, instead to focus on the negative news, a tradition that remains true today. It’s what media does, focus on the negative. The Washington Informer was established to make a difference by publishing positive news about Black people and it is still our mission today. Having your ads surrounded by positive news will only increase the value of your message.
View African American Authors and Books Publishers Packages in Conjunction with Mahoghany Books HERE.
In addition to our well respected and popular print edition, The Washington Informer is a digitally active multi-media company and we meet the following criteria:
- Strong website design and content – washingtoninformer.com
- Clear editorial point of view for the multicultural community – The Washington Informer was established to make a difference by publishing positive news about Black people and it is still our mission today.
- Our special sections and supplements represent tremendous opportunities – they are highly anticipated and have increased distribution
- We are a certified MBE and District of Columbia CBE
- We are a respected leader in the community—editorially, as well as with our annual events, including our African American Heritage Tour and The Washington Informer Spelling Bee, as well as periodic themed events
- We have a strong and loyal eblast subscriber base – we offer dedicated eblasts
- We have a growing social media presence – we can plan and implement campaigns
- We reach each and every member of the Congressional Black Caucus as well as other key members of Congress and The White House – this speaks to our influence
- We have The Washington Informer Newsstand Store at Dulles Airport
- We produce The WI BRIDGE – a monthly publication targeting millennials
ABOUT The Urban Marketing Group is a publishing and marketing agency that bridges entrepreneurs, small businesses, and nonprofit organizations to consumers engaged in urban lifestyle and culture. We specialize in providing cost effective advertising and marketing solutions that enhances our customer’s visibility
We strive to positively impact, so we only publish content that educates, entertains, and empowers this highly influential segment. We offer prominent advertising placement and value added digital marketing in conjunction with The Washington Informer.
Weekly special sections highlight:
- Health and are professionals
- Books and publishing (view our African American literature co-op)
- Automobile deals
- Events and socials
- Open houses
We will provide value added, digital marketing support with a discounted commitment to advertise within The Washington Informer. Services include: